1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup lemon juice
zest of 1 lemon
1/2 cup plus 1 T coconut flour
1/4 cup tapioca starch
1/2 t baking soda
Glaze (optional- I topped with fresh berries!)
1/3 cup coconut butter, for glaze
2 T maple syrup, for glaze
2 T lemon juice, for glaze
1. Preheat the oven to 350℉ and grease a loaf pan, I used coconut oil & a glass pan. Or use parchment paper
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with the coconut oil, maple syrup, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
3. Add the coconut flour, tapioca starch, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
4. Transfer to prepared loaf pan. Bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
5. Remove from pan and cool completely.
6. In a small bowl, mix together the coconut butter, maple syrup, and lemon juice for the glaze. Spread on cake.
7. Slice and enjoy.