- 2 1/2 c Rolled Oats
- 1 c Chopped Almonds
- 3/4 c Milled Flaxseed
- 1/4 c Untoasted Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 c Honey
- 1/4 c Stevia in the Raw
- 4 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Softened
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract (avoid HFCS)
- 1 c Unsweetened Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 c Unsweetened Dried Shredded Coconut
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Combine oats, almonds, flax and sesame seeds in a large bowl. Once combined, spread on a large baking sheet (preferably with sides so you don't lose any of your mixture in the oven or on the floor - trust me... it happened!) and pop in the oven for approximately 20 minutes to toast. Stir about every 5 minutes to prevent burning.
2. In a sauce pan, combine honey, stevia, coconut oil and vanilla. Cook on medium/high for 1-2 minute until it boils, remove and stir. Be sure the stevia is completely melted.
3. In a large bowl, combine dried cranberries, shredded coconut, cinnamon and sea salt. Mix thoroughly.
4. Once the oat mixture is done toasting, combine with the cranberry coconut mixture.
5. Add honey mixture the dry ingredients and combine until all ingredients are wet. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT - Just keep stirring! I used my Kitchen Aid mixer, but a wooden spoon works great for this step!
6. Using your baking sheet, lined with wax paper, gently spread the mixture evenly. Place another piece of wax paper on top so that you can press the mixture into itself, use a rolling pin if needed.
7. Place in refrigerator for at least 2 hrs to harden.
8. Using a pizza slicer, cut into 21 bars. Enjoy!
Makes 21 servings
- Calories - 174
- Protein - 4g
- Fat - 10g
- Carbs - 20g
- Sugars - 8g
- Sodium - 57mg
My boys love these and they are great to send with them to school as part of a healthy lunch or for snack time.
Have a great day!