Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Merry Christmas & Banana Cream Pie Smoothee

BETTER LATE THAN NEVER?
What can I say, we have been busy having fun, living life! LOL


This year we decided to make the journey back to Massachusetts to spend Christmas with our New England family
Before we could head out we had; shopping, baking and wrapping to finish.
Camryn carefully wrapping Auntie Melissa's gift!

This year we gave just about everyone the gift of health!
Here is part of my sisters gift, now that Christmas is over I can post the picture.
We gave her a few of her favorite healthy treats, chocolate protein, snack bars, some healthy skin care and a cute owl mug with energy tea packets tucked inside.

As a personal reminder that she should always dream and dream big, I slipped a pretty journal with the word "dream" on the cover. (BTW, she loved it!)



Camryn's teachers even got some healthy gifts. 

Some got a cool tumbler with healthy snack bars, energy teas and MindWorks to keep them alert and full of energy!
A few other teachers got this super cool vitalized Immunity, packs  the vitamin C power of 16 oranges! It fizzes when mixed with water to naturally boost their immunity (which we all know teachers need that!).

Then it was time to hit the road!

We packed food for the road, this helps keep us on track with our War on Debt and provides a healthy  meal and snacks for the entire family.
Before we left I made a batch of our favorite peanut butter protein balls, YUM!

After seven hours of driving, we finally made it!
I think it took us about an hour to unpack, we had to bring all our gift, food, treats, and of course our furry family member, Bosley!

Once we settled in, I just had to tackle a craft project I didn't have time to do before we left. I had purchased a deeply discounted ($5) sweater weeks earlier. 


I will post later about this DIY project that took me about 30 minutes to complete.

The next day we were busy (no kidding, when are we not, right?)
We started our mooring off with a protein packed breakfast, one of our favorites.
Banana protein pancakes, sweet potato home fries and fresh fruit.

After breakfast it was time to take our vitamins and start our day!
We never go a single day without these..
..my mother in law calls them GOLD!



Then we somehow managed to have a "date" with the ice rink, even on vacation!
What can I say, I'm a hockey Mom.

After tiring the boys out (ok it was me that was tired, not them!), we made our way to a local eye glass store. I have been going there for over 20 years. They have a great selection, the best prices and always have service with a smile!




After trying on a gazillion pairs of glasses, I finally chose a set, the last one of course!

Later that evening, we brought the boys to the LaSalette Shrine. A place we both enjoyed as children. The boys loved all the light displays and learning more about the meaning of Christmas. Making Family memories is a family favorite 

Lehn Family Selfie!!



The next morning I met up with an old high school buddy, 
Paul and his sweet wife Jen.
I had a rocking good time. Exercise is my therapy and I was grateful to get some while on vacation :-)
I survived, and it felt awesome working out with other crazy like minded folks at 6am!
They are such a cute couple
I love that they enter into crazy fun runs like the Spartan Race at Fenway Park.


Christmas day was the next day and what fun it was!
The boys ripped through all the gifts fairly quickly.
Both got exactly what they wanted this year.


Aiden got a cell phone 
(omg, I have a teenager, when did that happen?) 
and Camryn got tons of hockey stuff!


It was a great holiday!



Now onto this yummy, delicious, satisfying  smoothee!







As a busy mom & business owner, time is hardly ever on my side. This is one of the perks to replacing meals. They are the fastest and healthiest meal options a mom can find. 
The fact that this is jam packed full of vitamins. & minerals, 23 to be exact and loaded with heart healthy protein (24grams!) is just an added bonus to the yummy taste :-)

Because I'm typically on the go, meals. & recipes have to be quick. & simple. Like most folks, banana cream pie , complete with those yummy vanilla wafer cookies is a favorite of mine. Since I'm always searching for a healthy swap, this made perfect sense while I'm losing weight!
Give it a try and let me know what you think.

•2 scoops of Vanilla Protein 
•Half a banana
•1-2 ice cubes

Blend until smooth, enjoy !

Merry Christmas & Happy New year!


This year I am teaming up with Shaklee to be part of the 40,000 challenge.
We are gathering together to drop 40,000 lbs of fat by March 2015.
Each participant loses 10lbs to contribute and can earn prizes and gifts along the way, not to mention the gift of a better healthy weight! 
Dropping jusy 10lbs can significantly increase your odds of living a healthier life.







No comments:

Post a Comment