Wednesday, January 21, 2015

$10 Winter White Wreath




After clearing out the Christmas decorations my front door was drab. 

Because I'm tackling debt and building our family savings, budget friendly was key.

I already had a grapevine wreath just hanging out on a wall in my house and I own a glue gun. I just needed a few glue sticks (ok maybe about 10!). 
I found a bag of 10 glue sticks at the dollar store, SCORE!
"What out, I got a glue and to afraid to use it -except when I burn my fingers...then Im a bit scared"!

The only other thing I had to buy were the white poofy flowers. I found these at the Christmas Tree Shop, but the dollar store may be a great spot to grab some inexpensive flowers. I used 2 bunches worth of flowers and greenery ($3.99 ea)

OK, here is what I did....
I pulled the flowers and the leaves off the stems.
Next I started gluing the greenery around the wreath.

Then the flowers.

I fluffed the petals to fill in any holes.
Bam! There's my $10 wreath!
This is a great wreath, I can add seasonal elements (hearts, shamrocks, bunny) to reflect the seasons & just keep using the wreath :-)
This wreath is so big and poofy, adds charm to my front door..LOVE IT!

Have you ever made a wreath!

Have a great Day,
~Stacey





1 comment:

  1. Great tutorial on your Winter White Wreath, and the result is just beautiful. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete