Thursday, October 16, 2014

Gluten Free Menu


My decision to live gluten free is no longer by choice, but a necessity. 
We always have a choice, but what I mean is that prior to being diagnosed with a gluten intolerance I was choosing to limit the gluten in my daily diet just because of the way it made me feel (yucky!)


Above are the most noticeable symptoms with gluten intolerance or celiac.
If you are not sure what Celiac or gluten intolerance is, check the chart OUT! You may be surprised how many of those symptoms you probably have been dealing with.

Prior to my recent diagnosis, I was living 90/10. Meaning I was living 90% of the time gluten free and the other 10% eating gluten rich foods (ok, it was pizza!).

I am so very thankful that I was already living almost gluten free, otherwise I think I would have been lost. 
It is very confusing to know what has gluten and what does not. Just because something states it is gluten fee, it does not mean it is healthy. 
Most of the processed gluten free foods on the market have many more calories than the gluten containing foods. Also the fiber content is typically much lower in gluten free processed products which means hunger can creep up on you fast, encouraging you to eat more, adding more calories to your diet. This was an important fact because as you can probably tell by the content in this blog, I am very serious about achieving a healthy weight, something I have struggled with all my life.

Prior to this diagnosis, I was doing a turnaround using the Shaklee 180 products. I knew I felt better, I knew the 180 products were packed full of nutrients, vitamins, fiber, contained leucine and low calorie, but it never dawned on me it was the lack of gluten that was further helping me achieve my healthy weight goal.
After much research, I now know that gluten is NOT healthy for anybody. 
If you are still debating this you seriously need to read Wheat Belly and Grain Brain.

My Hubby who has never been diagnosed with a gluten issue, decided to give the gluten free life a try (I think he realized how much better I was feeling and wanted in on it, ha!)
After a month he decided to eat a burger (bun and all), an hour later he tell me "I think I'm gonna DIE!" 
He passed out and woke to a massive headache that final went away that night.
Now his view is "It's just not worth feeling awful to eat a bun!"


This is mainly a menu for just myself, not the entire family.
Although my family does eat very similar to myself.
My kids love enjoying a smoothee at breakfast and the snacks/meal bars during the day. 

Are you living Gluten free?
Have you thought about trying it?

Have a great day,




Other posts you may enjoy.....










No comments:

Post a Comment