Thanks to a fabulous suggestion from one of our SENSATIONAL Shaklee forum members, Jennifer, I just had to give this idea a try!*if you are interested in joining our 180 weekly online forum/meeting where we motivate and support each other in our healthy turnaround weight journey, go HERE!
Hmm, White beans to help make chocolate chip cookies more protein rich and healthier for us that have gone gluten free or for those who are just trying to make healthy swaps outs for the foods they love.
Needless to say, I was very apprehensive to try this…..
great taste and my kids loved them with a glass of milk!
Ding-Ding-Ding…we have a WINNER!
White Bean Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Makes 1 dozen cookies
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup cooked white beans (I used cannellini beans)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups gluten free flour
4 scoops shaklee vanilla protein powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup sliced or chopped almonds or walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Blend the oil, palm sugar, maple syrup, beans, and vanilla extract in a blender or food processor.
- In a medium bowl or kitchen aid mixer, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts if desired.
- Using a cookie scoop or your hands, form tablespoon-sized balls of dough and place them on un greased baking sheet. Flatten each ball slightly using your fingers.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Leave the cookies on the baking sheet for a minute before transferring to a wire rack to cool.