Monday, April 7, 2014

Organized Mom: Time & Energy



Good Morning!
It's 5am, time to workout, get dressed, greet daycare children arriving and make breakfast, prep school lunches, change diapers...."DING-DONG" another daycare child arrived, answer door, clean a mess, change another diaper, clean up breakfast, get 8 children ready to pack up to drop school age children to school.....and guess what it's only 8:00am!

"How in the world do you do it?" and "You are a rock star" is what I hear from parents and my close friends. I'm pretty sure my Hubby thinks I am the energizer bunny!! LOL

It's pretty simple really, I have a schedule and do everything in my "power" to stick to it. I use the term "power" loosely because when one works with children, schedules sometimes go right out the door.

I honestly do not see that what I do as anything magnificent, it's just what I do. I would never have thought about posting about my schedule, but I honestly do get many people who ask how I do it all.

Here is a typical day for me:

5:00am  Wake up & work out {on no gym days}
5:30am  Shower & get dressed {yup Im that quick!}
5:45am 1st set of daycare children arrive {they go back to sleep} 
             Unload dishwasher, check emails, *read book of month 
        *{I try to read a new book every month to constantly learn and grow personally & professionally}
6:15am  2nd set of daycare children arrive & go back to sleep, prepare breakfast, school lunches {4 children at this point plus my own children are still sleeping}
7:15am  Remainder of children arrive, serve breakfast
7:45am  Clean up kitchen & prepare for school run
8:00am  We are packed in my 12 passenger daycare van ready to go!
8:30am  Return home to start curriculum and daily activities with daycare children
   {I would list it all, but unless you have worked in a daycare or run one, your head will spin, seriously!} 
Here is a sample:
-circle time 
-morning snack & clean up
-curriculum time for older children
-feeding/diaper change and morning nap for infants
-free play/singing dancing/dramatic play
-helper chores (yes they have daily/weekly chores assigned within the daycare)
-prep for lunch, clean up play area
..........to just name a few descriptions of the crazy fun that goes on in the morning!
*this is so very true!!

11:00pm Prep lunch, feed kids, clean kids, *clean kitchen 
*tip: load dishwasher as dishes get dirty, do not let sink fill with dishes!
12:00pm  Teeth brushed, diapers changed, on mats & nap time has begun! This is when I do a mini cleanse in the kitchen for the day.
12:30-2:00pm Typically I am either working my *Shaklee Business or **filing paper work for the daycare during my "lunch" break
*Running my Shaklee business is basically responding to emails, returning phone calls and answering questions or placing orders for clients.
**This is another one of those "you will not understand unless you have ran a daycare" thing. Lets just say the amount of paperwork is pretty ridiculous (I have learned to master this over the last 18 years!)
2:00pm Feed & change Babies {yes out of the 8 children I care for, seven of them are under the age of 5 and 2 of them are infants (4mo-1yr old)!...lots if diapers!}
2:45pm  Nap is over! Potty & more diaper changes, pack up in van to get school age children.
3:15pm Return, unload van, Feed afternoon snack, children begin departing for the day.
5:15pm All daycare children are gone for the day!
5:30pm At the gym for kettlebell/cross fit class {2-3 times per week}
6:30pm Return home, shower spent time with family (dinner)...evening chores then *bed by 10pm
*twice a week I participate in evening webinars to help others learn more about Shaklee

Then guess what? I do it all again 5 days out of the week!!!

Wow! Now that I see it typed out....I am kinda CRAZY!
Saturdays are typically fun filled with food shopping, farmers market, more cooking & cleaning (seriously when does a Mom not cook or clean?) and of course sports with my boys.

Sundays are what I like to call our DAY OF REST. We attend church and when we get home we get back into our PJ's and lounge for the rest of the day.

So, how do I do it? I must admit that my Shaklee nutrition plays a major role in my ability to keep up. I do not get sick, I do not slow down and having a positive outlook is essential. 

Without my health I would have none of these to keep me on top. 
To learn more about the WELLNESS PROGRAM our entire family follows check it out HERE.

The best thing I could have ever learned in the last year after my car accident, learning to live post concussion is the secret and importance of time! Specific goal setting and planning on how I am to achieve the goal is how stuff becomes DYNAMIC!


Moms Chores
Another thing I was asked to share is a daily cleaning schedule since my house is clean (not perfect by any means), but with all the children and busy schedule they wanted to know if I cleaned instead of sleeping!!



Menu Planning
Another time suck is planning a weekly menu.
We are a family of 4, but also feed an additional 8 children 2 meals & 2 snacks five times a week!
Staying within a budget is always important to us as we have claimed a war on debt, paying off student loans, mortgage and remaining credit card debt free through it all!

On top of these challenges, I am also gluten free (which can be pricey).
Here is a sample of how I organize the weeks worth of meals including the daycare as well.
I first do an inventory every Friday (at nap time) and decided what meals I can make based on what we already have on hand then I fill in the blanks on the menu and shop for only the items we need for the following week. 
*I typically shop friday evenings after I workout at the gym unless our family has plans.

So, how exciting is my LIFE? ha-ha-ha

Ha, I know its kinda crazy, but I love what I do and love that I am here for my family.
I hope this inspires others to prosper where they are planted and make the very best use of their time!

How do you deal with a busy schedule?







No comments:

Post a Comment