Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Enjoying the last few days of SUMMER




For some the summer vacation is over, 
but for many of us we are attempting to get our last few DIPS in over at the pool!

Maybe it's just me and my kids, but swimming (for me I just soak up the sun) just makes us hungry.
This particular day I cored green and red apples, sliced them and threw them into a container. 
I also packed peanut butter and just because, I even packed some mini chocolate chips. 

To keep us well hydrated, I mixed us each a water bottle full of Orange Performance.



Every 45 minutes a whistle blows for adult only swim time. My kids call it a time out!
During this time I set up a mini "make-it-yourself" bar.

They spread the peanut butter on the apples and sprinkled the mini chips on top. By the time they were done eating a slice, the whistle blew again for them to jump in the pool. YES, I have heard about the "you should way 30 minutes after eating before you swim deal"...but frankly nothing stops us from eating a healthy snack and having fun, so in we went & with no issues or tummy aches! LoL


Here is a more close up pic of the yummy-ness!

I hope you are enjoying the last few days of summer.....I'm looking forward to pumpkins & scarecrows!







5 comments:

  1. We love peanut butter and apples, too. I've never tried it with chocolate chips but that would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacey,
    Looks like you'al are enjoying your summer with healthy snacks! Hope you are having a great weekend and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday!
    Come Back Soon
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks super yummy even without the pool! Thanks for sharing at Mom's Library!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My oldest son would love these! Apples are a staple at my house. Kind of like a fun new twist on ants on a log! Love it :) Krista @ A Handful of Everything

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stacey, DD loves PB with her apples! but i never tried the mini chips on top. I am definitely trying this out.
    thanks for sharing!
    -Reshama @StackingBooks.com

    ReplyDelete