Thursday, July 4, 2013

One Pan Fri-ta-ta


I have always adored those pretty frittatas that I see posted...what I don't like it the time it takes to prep & cook it. 
Yup, I'm lazy (aka a busy mother)!

My breakfast usually consists of a simple yet yummy, complete meal in a 180 smoothee
My favorite is chocolate :-)

The runner up & my family's favorite is the monkey shake 
(chocolate, banana & peanut butter).

This morning I decided to take an extra 5 minutes and actually cook. 
I started off with chopping vegetables, I used what I had; red peppers, green peppers & onion.


I sautéed them with butter (yes I use butter, organic) until they were soft.
I added some sliced cheddar on top, turned the heat down to low, then topped with scrambled egg. 

I added fresh herbs (rosemary & thyme), salt & pepper too!
Do NOT stir, just spread the egg over the veggie/cheese.

I realized a minute into it cooking that I needed to put a lid on the pan to help cook the egg on top.
It took a few minutes until the egg on top was cooked. 

While it was cooking I decided to dice fresh tomato & avocado to top it off.
End result....

Enjoy!

Stacey

3 comments:

  1. Looks delish Stacey! Thanks for sharing at my Pin Me Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana! It was super easy...anything that is healthy & simple works for me :-)

      Delete
  2. Looks incredible! Thanks for sharing with us this week at Monday Funday!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete