Sunday, May 26, 2013

Swap Out Chocolate Cake

Swap It Out:
Chocolate "Cake" 



Ingredients:
1 cup almond flour
¼ cup raw cacao powder (it’s a superfood!)
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ cup dark organic chocolate chips
1 cup raw honey or Agave
2 free-range eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.
Combine the dry ingredients (almond flour, cacao powder, sea salt, baking soda, and chocolate chips) in a bowl. 
In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients (honey, eggs, and vanilla). Add the wet ingredients to the dry mixture and mix until well combined. 

Pour the batter into your cake pan.
(I used a tart pan, but you can any pan!)
Bake for 20 minutes depending on size.  At the 15 minute mark, use a knife and insert into the middle to see if the knife comes out clean. If so, the cake is done.
Let cool before icing or decorating. 

Icing:
I whipped heavy whipping cream with agave, cream cheese & vanilla.
Yes I know I did not measure it out. Basically I used about 1 cup of heavy whipping cream, 4oz cream cheese (1/2 a package), then I added agave to sweeten and 1tsp vanilla. tossed it all in my kitchen aid mixer with the whipping attachment and whipped away! I used the cream the next day, so it wasn't as "stiff" as it was when I first whipped it. It looked just like whipped cream :-)
I added fresh, local strawberries, because WHY NOT?
Yumm!!

Have a great Sunday!
Stacey


No comments:

Post a Comment