Saturday, August 31, 2013

Guilt Free Pumpkin & Chai Lattes


Pumpkin Latta Anyone?

I don't know about you, but it is difficult to walk around and not see a sign yelling PUMPKIN latte at me this time of year.
Many of my friends do not drink coffee, however for my friends who do I ask you to really think about what is in those latte's. 

Lots of calories (330 starbucks & 350 Dunkin Donuts),
sugar and other artificial flavors and sweeteners (flavored syrup used, not real pumpkin), YES it is true!

The other issue is the cost, the average pumpkin latte costs about $4. 
Wow, if you purchased one every day that is $28 per week and lets say you did that for the months of October and November, that would be $224! 
Just think about what you would do with $224 if someone handed that to you?

Personally with Christmas coming up, I would buy myself something awesome...just kidding!
I would use it on my kids or husband for the holidays (maybe).

How about applying that new found cash to your health? 
Make the decision to make your own lattes by using quality products and since you will be making this yourself, you will know exactly what is in it and what is NOT in it!

The number 1 reason folks do not stick to any healthy food program (I do not call it a diet) is because they get bored or it is too restricting. 
I'm here to tell you that I never get bored or feel restricted with the Shaklee 180. 
What healthy weightloss or lean program can you drink latte with?
(With Shaklee you can! LoL)

These products, This company and The program have helped me shed more than 15 inches from my body! 


Those inches lost are all fat, not muscle. I can tell because I am stronger and leaner than I have ever been, EVER!
I am stronger, leaner & healthier than I was at 18 years old!

Here is the recipe:
1/2 cup milk (I use either organic or almond)
1-2 scoops vanilla Shaklee Life Protein (use 2 for a creamier thicker latte)
2 Tablespoons canned pumpkin (I love Trader Joe's brand)
Gently heat (I used the microwave for 40 seconds at a time, if you heat too fast it will clump)
Add 1/2 cup hot brewed coffee (I use organic)
For added sparkle, top with whipped cream and either pumpkin spice or nutmeg & cinnamon!

10-20 grams protein (1-2 scoops 180 powder)
200 calories (depends on milk used)


NEW
("seasonal" Favorite is Vanilla Chai)


By warming the milk (8oz) then adding the powder this warm yummy sweet, beverage really satisfies!
I top it with some whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon!

I'm not sure why but doesn't whipped cream just make everything pretty!

What is your favorite fall or winter warm beverage?
Is there a seasonal favorite food or beverage/treat you would like to swap out for something healthier?

Happy Fall Ya'll!

To order any of the product noted in this post, please go HERE



13 comments:

  1. That looks so delicious! I love dunkin's vanilla chia and I can't wait to try out this one. Thanks for the recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for providing a great, healthy alternative to a Pumpkin Spice Latte! Can't wait to try it out. Blessings, Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum! Sounds tasty!!! Today I made my own salted caramel coffee and it was amazing... and almost free :o)
    Emily@nap-timecreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sort of obsessed with the pumpkin and chai lattes! I even made my own Starbucks drink called Pumpkin Pie Chai. If you mixed the pumpkin and chai with half and half (breve) omg it tastes just like a pumpkin pie!! One of my guilty pleasures!

    If you have time you should link your post up at The Blog Strut! We would love to have you!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought about mixing them, I will need to try this! thanks for topping by :)

      Delete
  5. I love pumpkin! But the price tag on lattes and all the other goodies out there is so expensive. Thanks for sharing this recipe, I am going to try it soon.
    Sarah
    Creative Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm, this looks wonderful. And my goodness you lost a lot of weight. Congratulations on sticking with a plan and living a healthier life.

    Heidi’s Wanderings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your math is very convincing! Recipe looks yummy! Thanks for sharing!
    Tina from mommynificent.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing at the party! I'd pick chai over pumpkin. Hope you drop by again soon. Theresa @DearCreatives

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my yum! I'll be featuring you at this weeks party! Thanks for sharing on Sunday FUNday!

    ReplyDelete